Join us at Fulton All Read more [...]
The Art of Journalism, hosted in partnership with the Press Club of New Orleans (PCNO), Prospect New Orleans and the Contemporary Arts Center, New Orleans (CAC), will focus on the role of journalism within the realm of art. Come hear from artists, journalists and art critics how they’ve seen art events and exhibitions reported, the role media has played in examining the works of artists – locally, nationally and abroad – and how that coverage has affected the style, focus and careers of working artists, as well as how arts institutions and purveyors of art have responded to the abundance and consistency, or lack thereof, of the media’s coverage of art.
Happy hour will begin at 6:30 p.m. The discussion begins at 7:30 p.m. This event is free and open to the public.
– Trevor Schoonmaker, Artistic Director of @Prospect.4, Chief Curator and Patsy R. and Raymond D. Nasher Curator of Contemporary Art at the Nasher Museum of Art at Duke University
– Tameka Jenean Norris, Assistant Professor of Art, University of Iowa; Artist Scholar
– Gia Hamilton, Joan Mitchell Center
– D. Eric Bookhardt, Art Critic with Gambit Weekly; Sculpture Magazine; ART PAPERS and NewOrleans ArtInsider
– Charlie Tatum, Editorial and Communications Manager at Pelican Bomb
Moderated by Melanie Warner Spencer, Editor at Renaissance Publishing
For more information, visit http://www.pressclubneworleans.com/professional-development/art-journalism-media-realm-art/.
- More InfoAddress: 900 Camp St